(London): Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (Aviva), today announces two key hires to its senior leadership team.
David Clayton was appointed Chief Financial Officer on December 17, 2015, while Mike Craston will join as Global Head of Business Development on January 14, 2016, subject to regulatory approval. They will be based in London and be part of Aviva Investors’ Executive Team. Both will report to Euan Munro, Chief Executive Officer, Aviva Investors, with David also reporting to Tom Stoddard, Group Chief Financial Officer, Aviva.
David will be responsible for the financial affairs of Aviva Investors, including reporting, capital and performance. He has over 30 years’ experience in the financial sector, and previously held senior roles at Standard Life and PwC.
Mike will oversee Business Development activities worldwide; encompassing client solutions, client service, product and market intelligence, marketing and external communications. Mike has over 30 years’ experience in the asset management industry, with a strong track record in helping businesses grow assets under management and developing client-focused teams.
Most recently, Mike worked at Legal & General Investment Management for over 10 years, during which time he led global distribution and client servicing and also served as Chief Executive Officer for both its America and Asia businesses.
Euan Munro, Chief Executive, said:
“I am delighted with the additions of David and Mike to our Executive Team. While the business has made considerable progress in the past couple of years, we are just getting started in terms of realising Aviva Investors’ long term potential. Our goal is to be the global leader in outcome-oriented solutions, and to that end we plan to build on the successful launch of our AIMS multi-strategy funds with further products that aim to meet the objectives of today's investor. I have every confidence that David and Mike will play a critical role in helping us achieve our ambitions.”
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 4 January 2015.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £263 billion as at 30 June 2015.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of Aviva and Friends Life overlapping customers.