(London) Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), has appointed Florian de Chaisemartin as a Director in its London-based Infrastructure Debt team.
Florian De Chaisemartin joins as Director, Infrastructure Debt
Florian joins from Legal & General Investment Management, where he was Senior Investment Manager, originating, structuring and executing Infrastructure debt transactions. Prior to this, he held infrastructure finance roles with DEPFA Bank and Standard and Poor’s.
The appointment brings the size of the team that originates, structures and manages infrastructure debt investments to 17. Aviva Investors has around £3.5 billion of infrastructure debt under management, with a focus on financing infrastructure assets in Europe.
Recent investments include: Debt financing of new trains for Great Northern suburban services, linking Moorgate in London to Welwyn and Hertford, Stevenage and Letchworth; providing indexed linked-debt in support of the acquisition of the transmission link between the Westermost Rough offshore wind farm and the main land; and co-funding the refurbishment and construction of 46 schools in the United Kingdom under the Priority School Building Programme.
Laurence Monnier, Head of Infrastructure Debt, said:
“I am delighted to welcome Florian to Aviva Investors. We continue to expand our footprint across the infrastructure debt spectrum, with a number of major projects currently underway. I am certain he will make a strong contribution to the team as we take these forward.”
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 27 April 2016.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £290 billion as at 31 December 2015.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers, across 16 markets worldwide.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £30.7 billion in benefits and claims in 2015.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/