Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), today announces the appointment of Mark Meiklejon as Head of Real Asset Investment Specialists.
Based in London, Mark will lead a newly-formed Real Assets investment specialist team within Global Client Solutions and reports to Steven Blackie, Global Head of Product Strategy. He has over 18 years’ industry experience, and most recently led the private market global investment specialist teams at Standard Life Investments.
Mark’s appointment follows the formation of Aviva Investors Real Assets (AIRA) in May 2018, which brings together direct real estate, infrastructure, structured finance and private debt under a single leadership and operating structure. Aviva Investors is one of Europe’s largest managers of real assets, with over 35 years’ experience and £37 billion of assets under management.
Mark will form part of the AIRA senior leadership team, headed by Mark Versey, Chief Investment Officer, Real Assets. In this new role, Mark will work closely with the investment and product strategy teams to extend Aviva Investors’ Real Assets product suite across all global client channels.
Steven Blackie, Global Head of Product Strategy, said:
“Mark’s experience in real assets and his ability to understand and articulate client needs makes him a valuable addition to our Global Client Solutions team. I look forward to working with him and Mark Versey in ensuring our real assets business continues to offer solutions that are tailored to the needs of our existing and future clients.”
Mark Versey, Chief Investment Officer, Real Assets, said:
“I am delighted to welcome someone of Mark’s calibre as we work to establish a market-leading Real Assets business. Mark’s insight will be invaluable in helping us deliver the single-strategy and multi-asset solutions our clients need.”
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 20 August 2018. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested. Past performance does not indicate future results.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £348 billion as at 30 June 2017.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £350 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.