Aviva Investors, the global asset management unit of Aviva PLC, today announces the appointment of Paul LaCoursiere to the newly-created role of Global Head of ESG Research within its Global Responsible Investment team.
Based in London and reporting to Steve Waygood, Chief Responsible Investment Officer, Paul will be responsible for the corporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) research process at Aviva Investors, including the integration and monitoring of ESG criteria within Equities and Credit. He will jointly lead the research team with Mirza Baig, Global Head of Governance. In addition to leading on all stewardship, voting and engagement activities, Mirza is responsible for ESG integration across Multi-Asset & Macro and Real Assets portfolios.
Paul has 17 years’ experience in the asset management industry and assumes the role after spending the last three years as Global Head of Corporate Research, Aviva Investors. Having worked as a Fixed Income Portfolio Manager for Aviva Investors between 2010 and 2013, he re-joined the business in 2014 following a year at Chicago Equity Partners as Managing Director and Senior Fixed Income Portfolio Manager.
Steve Waygood, Chief Responsible Investment Officer at Aviva Investors, said:
“Over the past two years we have added substantial resources to our ESG research capabilities, which we believe has a critical role to play in enhancing stock selection, portfolio construction and risk-adjusted returns for our clients. Paul has a wealth of experience in fund management, investment research and quantitative analytics, as well as established relationships with portfolio managers and analysts. This made him the outstanding candidate to lead the team, working in partnership with Mirza Baig.”
Following Paul’s appointment, Oliver Judd and Kevin Gaydos have been named Co-Heads of Credit Research, reporting to Colin Purdie, Chief Investment Officer, Credit.
Based in London, Oliver has over 20 years’ industry experience and joined Aviva Investors in 2006. He will continue to lead the Financials team. Based in Chicago, Kevin has over 20 years’ industry experience and joined Aviva Investors in 2008. He will continue to lead the Commodities and Industrials team.
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 12 March 2019. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £331 billion as at 31 December 2018.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva's asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages £331 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £470 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2017, we paid out 98% of all our claims across all our markets and insurance products. We paid £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us