(London): Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), has appointed Anne Whitaker to the Aviva Investors Board with immediate effect.
Anne joins the Board as an Independent Non-Executive Director. She is also Chair of the Aviva Investors Audit Committee and a member of the Aviva Investors Risk, Remuneration and Nomination Committees. Anne spent almost 30 years with Ernst & Young, where she gained substantial financial services experience at Partner level in their Investment Management practice and as the Risk Partner for their UK Financial Services practice. More recently, she was a member of the Barts NHS Trust, where she chaired the audit and remuneration committees.
Anne is currently a Non-Executive Director of Markel International Insurance Company; a Non-Executive director of Hitachi Capital; and a Board member of the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority, where she chairs the audit and risk assurance committees. She also volunteers for a number of charities and is a Governor of Roedean School.
Euan Munro, Chief Executive, Aviva Investors, said: “I’m delighted to welcome Anne to the Board. She has a strong background in the financial services industry and a deep knowledge of investment management. Combined with her non-executive experience in both commercial and not-for-profit organisations, her expertise will be of great benefit as Aviva Investors continues to focus on becoming the global leader in outcome-oriented solutions.”
Notes to editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 13 June 2016.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £290 billion as at 31 March 2016.
• Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
• In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
• Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £30.7 billion in benefits and claims in 2015.
• By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
• The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
• For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
• For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
• Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
• Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
• For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805.
Registered Office: St. Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and a member of the Investment Management Association.
Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes Contact us at Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, St. Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ.