(London) Aviva Investors announces the appointment of Paolo Sarno as Head of Wholesale, Southern Europe.
Paolo will be based in Milan with responsibility for growing and managing Aviva Investors’ business across Southern Europe with a primary focus on Italy. He is supported by the Southern Europe client servicing team with plans to add further resources to serve our growing client base. He reports to TJ Voskamp, Global Head of Wholesale Distribution.
Paolo brings over 12 years’ experience of developing and managing client relationships within the European investment industry. He joins from La Financière de l'Echiquier, where he was Country Head and launched the Italian branch. He was responsible for managing the local sales team and developing a strategic plan to grow and increase the client base within Italy, Monaco and Ticino.
TJ Voskamp, Global Head of Wholesale Distribution, said:
“As one of the fastest growing mutual fund markets in Europe, Italy is a key focus of our European expansion. Paolo’s experience of launching a branch and building a client base make him ideally qualified to grow our distribution presence within the Italian wholesale market.”
Notes to editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 30 May 2018. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested. Past performance does not indicate future results.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £353 billion as at 31 December 2017.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £350 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.