Aviva Investors, the global asset management unit of Aviva PLC, today announces two newly-created roles in its Product Strategy team to support clients of its Credit business.
Based in London, Rachel Harris joins as Senior Credit Investment Director and Emily McDonald joins as Credit Investment Director. Rachel will report to Steven Blackie, Global Head of Product Strategy, and Emily will report to Rachel.
Rachel and Emily will work closely with Credit portfolio managers to support existing products and identify new solutions for clients as their needs evolve.
Rachel began her career in credit sales in 1998 with Credit Suisse and went on to work for Royal Bank of Scotland, Goldman Sachs and Janus Henderson. She has over 20 years’ industry experience and is an active promoter of diversity in the work place.
A fixed-income sales specialist with 15 years’ experience, Emily worked most recently at Credit Suisse, covering Southern European and UK Clients. She joined Aviva Investors through the firm’s Return to Work Programme, which aims to attract candidates with a background in financial services or asset management back into the workplace after a break of at least two years.
Steven Blackie, Global Head of Product Strategy at Aviva Investors, said:
“As we continue to grow our business externally, it is vital that we provide the very best support for our clients. Rachel and Emily’s experience will boost our expertise and help us to better understand and anticipate their needs. I am delighted to welcome them to the firm.”
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice. The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as 31 January 2019. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested. Past performance does not indicate future results.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £345 billion as at 30 September.
· Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers
· In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
· Aviva's asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £345 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
· Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2017, we paid out 98% of all our claims across all our markets and insurance products. We paid £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
· By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
· The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
· For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us.