Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), announces the appointment of Simon Young as UK Equities Fund Manager. He is based in London and reports to Trevor Green, Head of UK Equities.
In this new role, Simon will work on Aviva Investors’ institutional UK Equity Fund and assist on the £992 million retail UK Equity Income Fund.
Simon joins from BlackRock, where he was UK Equities Fund Manager, managing over £1 billion in core UK equity and income mandates for a range of institutional, charity and fiduciary clients. He began his investment career at BlackRock in 1997 and as part of his fund management duties had analyst responsibilities across a broad spectrum of sectors.
Trevor Green, Head of UK Equities said:
“Simon has a very strong background in managing UK equity mandates for a wide range of clients. His experience of both portfolio construction and stock and sector analysis makes him a valuable addition to the team as we continue to enhance our UK equities capability.”
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 14 April 2015.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £246 billion as at 31 December 2014.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of overlapping customers.
* Figures based on Aviva plc Annual Report and Accounts 2014.
Aviva Investors Global Services Limited
St. Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ
Phone +44 (0)20 7809 6000
Fax +44 (0)20 7489 7940
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St. Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and a member of the Investment Management Association.
Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes Contact us at Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, St. Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ.