Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), has committed to invest in the Shere Group refinancing alongside Rabobank.
Shere Group, which is controlled by a fund managed by Arcus Infrastructure Partners LLP, is one of the largest owners of communications towers and wireless sites in the UK and the Netherlands. Shere has more than 950 sites, which are used extensively by all the major mobile network operators, as well as for radio and TV broadcast, public safety radio, microwave relays and other wireless-based communications services.
Aviva Investors will invest €50m in the refinancing debt through its European infrastructure debt platform, which manages capital on behalf of its European institutional clients.
Florent del Picchia, Infrastructure Director at Aviva Investors, said:
“This investment provides further diversification to our European infrastructure debt platform, through which we have invested in twelve different sectors, including utilities and transport, and across nine different countries.
“We are delighted to have participated in this key transaction to provide long-term funding and be able to accompany Shere Group in its continuing growth strategy.”
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 4 January 2015.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £267 billion as at 30 September 2015.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre athttp://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click herehttp://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visithttp://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter:www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of Aviva and Friends Life overlapping customers.