(London): Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (Aviva), has appointed John Dewey as Head of Investment Strategy, Global Investment Solutions.
John joins the firm on 22nd February and will report jointly to Mark Versey, Chief Investment Officer, Global Investment Solutions, and Paul Moody, Global Head of Product and Market Intelligence.
In this new role, John will focus on building outcome-oriented investment strategies for institutional clients, with responsibility across all areas of solutions design, management and client delivery. He will draw on the strength and depth of Aviva Investors' investment capabilities across Fixed Income, Liability Driven Investment (LDI), Multi Asset and a range of alternative income assets spanning Real Estate, Infrastructure and Private Corporate Credit.
John joins from BlackRock, where he spent eight years in a variety of leadership roles in Investment Strategy, LDI, Private Assets and Market Insights. Prior to this, he worked in investment and actuarial consulting.
Mark Versey, Chief Investment Officer, Global Investment Solutions said:
"I am very pleased to welcome John to Aviva Investors. We created the Global Investment Solutions function to provide clients with long-term solutions that will meet or beat their liabilities and could protect them from financial market volatility. John brings a wealth of insight and experience that fits perfectly with what we are looking to achieve. He will be a great asset as we continue to develop the sophisticated solutions that our clients need."
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 4 January 2015.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £263 billion as at 30 June 2015.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of Aviva and Friends Life overlapping customers.