Aviva Investors announces nine new hires to its Equities business, strengthening its UK, Global and Global Emerging Market equities teams.
The additions, which follow the arrival in January 2018 of David Cumming as Chief Investment Officer, Equities, highlight Aviva Investors' renewed commitment to invest in its Equities capabilities.
Mikhail Zverev and Alistair Way will join as Head of Global Equities and Head of Global Emerging Market Equities, respectively. Both will report to David Cumming, as will Henry Flockhart and Adam McInally; who join as UK Equity Portfolio Managers.
Additionally, Jaime Ramos Martin, Stephanie Niven and Ross Mathison will join as Global Equities Portfolio Managers, reporting to Mikhail Zverev; while Jonathan Toub and Will Malcom join as Global Emerging Markets Portfolio Managers, reporting to Alistair Way.
Mikhail, Alistair, Henry, Adam, Jaime, Ross, Jonathan and Will join from Standard Life Investments, where they performed similar roles, and will be based in Aviva Investors’ Edinburgh office, which opens at the end of July. Stephanie joins from Tesco Pension Investment and will be based in London.
David Cumming, Chief Investment Officer, Equities, said:
"We are delighted to attract such high-calibre, experienced individuals with strong performance track records to Aviva Investors, and look forward to them joining the team in the coming months. These appointments, along with additional hires we plan to make this year, will complete the creation of strong, integrated teams in the key areas of Global, Emerging Markets, Europe, US and UK Equities."
Euan Munro, Chief Executive Officer, Aviva Investors, said:
"Investing in our equities capabilities is a strategic priority for our business. These hires will enhance our ability to offer compelling equity propositions for wholesale and institutional investors, as well as strengthening idea generation for our broader range of investment solutions."
Further details on the hires:
- Mikhail Zverev joins Aviva Investors on October 1. He was formerly Head of Global Equities at Standard Life Investments (SLI), where he also served as portfolio manager on a number of funds. He joined SLI in 2007 and has over 15 years’ experience in the investment industry.
- Alistair Way joins Aviva Investors on July 16. He was formerly Head of Asia and Global Emerging Market Equities at SLI, and a portfolio manager on a number of funds. He joined SLI in 2007 and has over 20 years’ experience in the investment industry.
- Henry Flockhart joins Aviva Investors on July 16. He was formerly Investment Director - UK Equities at SLI and a portfolio manager. He joined SLI in 2011 and has 10 years’ industry experience.
- Adam McInally joins Aviva Investors on July 16. He was formerly Investment Director - UK Equities at SLI and a portfolio manager. He joined SLI in 2015, prior to which he was an Equity Research Analyst for Credit Suisse.
- Jaime Ramos Martin joined Aviva Investors on May 8. He was formerly Senior Vice President, Global Equities, in SLI’s Boston office in the US. He joined SLI in 2005, and has 18 years’ industry experience.
- Ross Mathison joins Aviva Investors on July 16. He spent almost nine years at SLI, including five years as Investment Director in the Global Equities and European Equities teams.
- Stephanie Niven joins Aviva Investors on October 1. She was formerly Portfolio Manager, Global Equity Fund, at Tesco Pension Investment, which she joined in 2012. Stephanie has 13 years’ industry experience.
- Jonathan Toub joins Aviva Investors on August 20. He was formerly Investment Director – Global Emerging Market Equities at SLI. He joined SLI in 2014 and has over 15 years’ industry experience.
- Will Malcom joins Aviva Investors on July 23. He was formerly Investment Director – Global Emerging Market and Asia Equities at SLI. He joined SLI in 2007 and has 20 years’ industry experience.
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 18 June 2018. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested. Past performance does not indicate future results.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £353 billion as at 31 December 2017.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £350 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.