Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), has won three industry awards in recognition of the work undertaken by its Insurance Solutions business.
The team, which builds and manages outcome-oriented investment strategies for global insurance companies, received two awards at the Insurance Asset Risk Awards; ‘Alternatives Manager of the Year’ and ‘Investment Team of the Year – Asset Manager’ for its work in structured finance.
Iain Forrester, Head of Insurance Investment Strategy at Aviva Investors, said:
“The low-return environment has intensified insurers’ search for diversification, particularly in alternative income. Integrating alternative income into our Real Assets business last year has given us a platform to originate at scale and construct innovative strategies to meet insurers’ desired outcomes.
“We are also pleased our Structured Finance team has been recognised for its work across a range of transactions, reflecting cross-team collaboration and structuring expertise.”
Aviva Investors was also awarded ‘Insurance Asset Manager of the Year’ at the 2019 InsuranceERM Awards.
Alex Wharton, Head of Insurance Relationships at Aviva Investors, added:
“Our insurance heritage gives us a real understanding of the evolving investment and regulatory challenges faced by our clients. Scrutinising these challenges and how best to meet them will be critical in ensuring that we continue to deliver best-in-class solutions in what is a rapidly changing area.”
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 04 February 2019. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £348 billion as at 30 June 2018.
· Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers
· In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
· Aviva's asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £345 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
· Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2017, we paid out 98% of all our claims across all our markets and insurance products. We paid £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
· By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
· The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
· For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us.