Aviva investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), has been recognised as ‘Alternative Lender of the Year’ at this year’s IJGlobal Awards for Europe and Africa, which recognise excellence and innovation in the international infrastructure and energy sectors.
The award, determined by an independent judging panel, saw Aviva Investors recognised for its work in infrastructure debt across 2018, which included a £400 million financing for the construction of Hornsea 1, the world’s largest offshore windfarm.
Mark Versey, Chief Investment Officer, Real Assets at Aviva Investors, said:
“Since the launch of our Real Assets platform in May 20181, we have continued to expand our origination footprint to meet growing demand from our institutional client base. We are delighted to receive this award, which is well-earned recognition for our Infrastructure Debt team in delivering high-quality transactions across a range of sectors.”
Darryl Murphy, Head of Infrastructure Debt at Aviva Investors, said:
“The sustained low-rate environment has increased the challenge facing institutional investors with long-term liabilities, whilst also highlighting the relative attractiveness of infrastructure financing over public markets. We look forward to developing further opportunities in the sector and thank the sponsors we worked with during a busy year, which saw an increase in our transaction activity - a trend we expect to continue.”
1Aviva Investors Real Assets was formed in May 2018 through the integration of its Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Corporate Debt and Structured Finance teams.
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 19 March 2019. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £331 billion as at 31 December 2018.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva's asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages £331 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £470 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2017, we paid out 98% of all our claims across all our markets and insurance products. We paid £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us