Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc, today announces the appointment of Ed Dixon in the newly created role of Head of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), Real Assets.
Based in London, Ed joined Aviva Investors on September 16 and reports to Melanie Collett, Head of Asset Management, Real Estate. He will be responsible for the ESG programme for Aviva Investors' £45 billion Real Assets platform, encompassing Real Estate, Infrastructure and Private Debt. He will work closely with colleagues across the platform and the Global Responsible Investment team to lead the firm’s ESG strategy in Real Assets across investment, development and asset management.
Ed has over 17 years’ industry experience, and most recently held the role of Sustainability Insights Director at Landsec, where he was responsible for the company's approach to sustainable design, climate risk and supply chain transparency. He joined Landsec in January 2016; leading integration of the company's sustainability strategy through a £3.6bn development pipeline as well as the strategy, research and governance functions. His career also includes roles at Mace, Marks and Spencer's (secondment) and Simons Group.
Additionally, Ed is a graduate of the Sustainability Leadership programme at Harvard and holds an Executive MBA with Distinction from Cass Business School.
Melanie Collett, Head of Asset Management, Real Estate, said:
"I'm delighted we have been able to attract someone with Ed's track record and expertise to the team. He brings a wealth of ESG experience from development, consulting and contracting companies throughout the real estate sector, and will further enhance our capabilities in an area that is of growing importance to our investors and occupiers.”
For more information contact:
Director of Investment and Client Communications
Phone020 7809 6212
FollowView LinkedIn profile
Media Relations Manager
Phone020 7809 6745
Head of Media Relations
Phone020 7809 8452
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 19 March 2019. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £346 billion as at 30 June 2019.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £346 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £470 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2017, we paid out 98% of all our claims across all our markets and insurance products. We paid £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here