Aviva Investors refinances police investigation centres
(London) – Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), today announced it has provided an £85 million senior fixed-rate term-loan facility, refinancing six operational police investigation centres (“PICs”) across Norfolk and Suffolk, on behalf of the annuity business of Aviva UK Life.
The facility was used to refinance existing floating-rate debt and swap arrangements and is Aviva Investors’ fifth deal in the “blue light” sector.
Located at Wymondham, Aylsham, Great Yarmouth, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Kings Lynn, the PICs originally reached financial close in 2010 on a standard form project agreement with Norfolk Police Authority and Suffolk Police Authority.
Darryl Murphy, Head of Infrastructure Debt at Aviva Investors, said:
“This refinancing enhances value for money of the project to the public sector. We continue to have strong appetite for similar opportunities for our clients and expect the investment to provide strong, long-term revenues to support the Aviva annuity business.”
Marcus Mollan, Director, Annuity Asset Origination at Aviva, added:
“Aviva is very pleased to have been chosen to provide this long-term, lower-cost re-financing for the Norfolk and Suffolk police investigation centres. This investment is an important addition to our annuity fund’s diverse infrastructure portfolio, which provides finance for a wide variety of long-term infrastructure projects across the UK and overseas.”
For more information contact:
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 22 October 2019. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £346 billion in assets as at 30 June 2019.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and manages over £346 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2019). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; last year we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here.