Aviva Investors lets Victoria Gate in Woking to McLaren
(London) - Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc, today announces that it has let the newly-developed Victoria Gate building in Woking as additional office space for the expanding McLaren Group, a global leader in luxury automotive and technology. McLaren has signed a 20-year lease on the whole building, comprising 65,000 sq ft.
Victoria Gate is located in the centre of Woking, northwest Surrey, and has been fully re-developed by Aviva Investors to create innovative, Grade A space that benefits from: a double height reception; 5th floor terrace; shower facilities on each floor together with a basement shower and cycle hub; 62 car parking spaces; and energy efficient heating, cooling and lighting systems. Woking is part of the London commuter belt and benefits from frequent trains and a journey time of approximately 24 minutes to Waterloo Station.
Luke Baker, Real Estate Fund Manager at Aviva Investors, said: “We and our investors are tremendously excited to be providing McLaren Group with additional long-term, high-quality office space that will support the continued growth of its successful and world-renowned businesses. McLaren Automotive hand-assembles its luxury sportscars and supercars and in just eight years has grown to becavivaome the largest part of McLaren Group and will continue to grow and add headcount. With its expertise in innovative and cutting-edge technology, McLaren is a great example of the type of customer we target to underpin our income-focused investment strategy.”
Aviva Investors was represented in the transaction by BNP Paribas and McLaren was represented by Lambert Smith Hampton.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 30 June 2018. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested. Past performance does not indicate future results.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £348 billion as at 30 June 2018.
• Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
• In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
• Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £347 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
• Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
• By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.