Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), today announces three senior hires in newly-created roles to its Direct Real Estate team as part of the expansion of its Real Assets platform.
James Stevens has been appointed Head of Development, Global Real Estate, with responsibility for identifying and delivering mixed-use developments, joint ventures, land master planning and reconfigurations of schemes across the retail, leisure, commercial and residential sectors. James joins Aviva Investors following eight years at Aberdeen Standard Investments where, as Fund Manager and Head of UK Development, he sourced, underwrote and executed investments across a range of core, value-add and opportunistic funds. He will report to Daniel McHugh, Managing Director, Real Estate Investments, Aviva Investors.
Stuart Cranna has been appointed Head of Real Estate Services, with responsibility for property services and client experience; developing relationships with occupiers and other key stakeholders. Stuart joins after six years at BlackRock, where he was Head of Enterprise Services; leading the transformation of a multi-function department including Real Estate, Facilities Management, Security, Resilience, Sustainability and Travel. He will report to Melanie Collett, Head of Real Estate Asset Management, Aviva Investors.
Tania Green has been appointed Yardi System Owner, with responsibility for enhancing data quality and performance metrics to facilitate smarter and faster decisions across the portfolio. Tania spent five years at BRE Europe, most recently as Vice President, IT Applications, where she advised on the onboarding and implementation strategy for the BRE portfolio across 15 countries. She will report to Toni Miller, Real Assets Business Management Director, Aviva Investors.
Daniel McHugh, Managing Director, Real Estate Investments, Aviva Investors, said:
“As we grow our Real Assets business, we are delighted to attract talent such as James, Stuart and Tania to Aviva Investors. Strengthening our capabilities in development, client experience and data will lead to an enhanced offering to our clients.”
Melanie Collett, Head of Real Estate Asset Management, Aviva Investors said: “These newly-created roles build on our existing expertise and position our real estate business for growth in 2019 and beyond. We will continue to strengthen the DRE team with further hires in 2019.”
Direct Real Estate is a key part of Aviva Investors’ £41 billion Real Assets platform*. David Skinner and Daniel McHugh lead a team of over 100 professionals in London, Paris and Frankfurt, managing £20.4 billion of assets.
*As at December 2018
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 14 September 2018. Unless stated otherwise any views, opinions expressed are those of Aviva Investors. They should not be viewed as indicating any guarantee of return from an investment managed by Aviva Investors nor as advice of any nature. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
Issued by Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £348 billion as at 30 June 2018.
· Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers
· In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
· Aviva's asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £348 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
· Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2017, we paid out 98% of all our claims across all our markets and insurance products. We paid £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
· By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
· The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
· For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us.