Taking care of your investment needs – so you can look to the future with confidence.
Our Annual Review
Our approach to responsible investment is set out in our annual responsible investment review. Building on Aviva Investors' 40 year heritage in responsible investment, the 2017 report illustrates:
How we have continued to enhance the way we integrate environmental considerations across our asset classes.
How we have continued to push the boundaries of responsible asset stewardship, through our voting and engagement activities. How we have leveraged our influence and experience to drive market wide reform, helping to shape more sustainable capital markets.
Highlights in 2017
- Responsible Investor Award for Innovation & Industry Leadership (2017)
- Voted 49,358 Resolutions at 4,259 shareholder meetings
- Voted against 26% of management resolutions including 44% of pay proposals
- Engaged on 1,381 occasions with companies as part of our Stewardship responsibilities
- Responsible Investment Officer Network grown to > 40 Investment Professionals
- Doubled investments in Green and Social Bonds to £744 million
- Published multiple reports including a review of ESG sell‑side research and an investor guide to Sustainable Palm Oil
- Member of the EU High Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance & Member of the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
Download our Annual Review
Don't just take our word for it. Check out the highlights of Aviva Investor's responsible initiatives and accomplishments for the past year and our voting records since 2009.