Aviva Investors appoints John Osborn as Real Estate Fund Manager
Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), announces the appointment of John Osborn to its real estate team based in London. He reports to Mike Luscombe, Head of European Retail Funds.
John’s role at Aviva Investors includes lead manager responsibility for the Aviva Linked Property Fund (ALPF) - Aviva's UK unit-linked life and pension property fund valued at circa £3 billion. John takes over the lead manager role from Mike Luscombe, who recently became lead manager of the Aviva Investors Property Trust. John will draw on strong resources from both investment managers across Aviva Investors’ UK real estate team and dedicated research function.
We are very pleased to welcome John to Aviva Investors. He brings with him a deep knowledge of the UK real estate landscape and strong record in fund management. This experience will stand him in good stead in managing this important fund as well as taking an active role in the wider UK real estate business.
Head of European Real Estate Retail Funds Team and Lead Fund Manager Aviva Investors Property Trust
John has over 25 years’ experience in real estate and joins Aviva Investors from AXA Real Estate, where he spent 15 years as a Senior Fund Manager, responsible for the management of the AXA UK Long Lease Property Fund and two other mandates. Prior to this he was a fund manager at Abbey Life and Hill Samuel.
Aviva Investors expects robust returns from UK real estate, forecasting a total return of 8.8% annually between 2015 and 2019.
For more information contact:
Aviva Investors Media Relations
+44 (0)20 7809 8452
Aviva Investors Media Relations
+44 (0)20 7809 6252
Note to editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 10 June 2015.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £263 billion as at 30 June 2015.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of Aviva and Friends Life overlapping customers.