Locating the most suitable infrastructure investments requires scale, resources, skill and the ability to access opportunities.
As one of the UK's largest investors in real assets, Aviva Investors is in a strong position to help clients navigate this market and find what best suits their objectives.
Aviva Investors’ capabilities
- One of the UK’s largest investors in real assets.
- A dedicated team of infrastructure professionals
- Unrivalled access to infrastructure deals.
- Extensive in-house resources covering legal, tax and finance.
- Scale: Aviva Investors manages around $6 billion* of commitments to infrastructure on behalf of investors.
*Source: Aviva Investors, as at 30 September 2015
We manage both unleveraged (equity) infrastructure and infrastructure debt.
- Long-term ownership of assets delivering low-volatility income streams. We have a special focus on smaller projects where we see particular value in an unleveraged approach.
- Early stage involvement in structuring deals enables us to invest in assets such as domestic solar PV installations and energy centres to generate risk-adjusted returns.
- Long-term infrastructure financing through both primary and secondary loans.
- We specialise in core infrastructure assets with proven technology that delivers low-volality income streams with an attractive risk/return profile.
Our interests are aligned with those of our clients as we invest extensively in infrastructure for our parent company Aviva plc. This also opens up opportunities for clients to co-invest alongside Aviva plc in infrastructure projects they may not otherwise have access to.
Considerable resources are needed to be able to properly evaluate risk/return profiles and to simulate how assets might perform under various conditions. Aviva Investors’ large infrastructure team, market intelligence and proprietary tools place it in a strong position to not only source potential deals, but also to assess their suitability to investor mandates.
Innovation and discipline
The collaborative approach encouraged at Aviva Investors also means the team is able to take an innovative approach to finding ways to generate investor returns.
Our disciplined approach and investment processes have enabled us to create a strong track record of returns for investors.