Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), announces the appointment of Mark Connolly as Chief Investment Officer, Fixed Income.
Mark will report directly to Euan Munro, Chief Executive, and will join the Aviva Investors Executive Committee. He will be responsible for developing and implementing Aviva Investors’ fixed income strategies, overseeing a global team accounting for over £160 billion in assets*. Jean-François Boulier, who had been acting CIO, Fixed Income will continue in his role as Chief Executive, France.
Mark has over 25 years of industry experience and brings with him a successful track record of building strong investment businesses, including senior positions at Insight, Deutsche Asset Management and Standard Life Investments. He joins Aviva Investors from Scottish Widows Investment Partnership, where he was Director and Head of Fixed Income.
Euan Munro, Chief Executive, Aviva Investors, said:
“I am very pleased that Mark will be joining my Executive team. He brings an invaluable combination of fixed income investment expertise and a successful track record of building cross-market teams which will be vital as we look to grow our fixed income capabilities. I look forward to working with Mark as we continue to respond to our clients’ needs by delivering outcome-oriented solutions and by enhancing our global investment platform.”
- End -
Notes to Editors
This appointment is subject to regulatory approval. The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice. Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 15 December 2014. The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to the future
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £240 billion as at 30 September 2014.
- Aviva provides 31 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products. *
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media/ includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Based on Aviva plc Annual Report and Accounts 2013.
Aviva Investors Global Services Limited
St. Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ
Phone +44 (0)20 7809 6000
Fax +44 (0)20 7489 7940
Aviva Investors Global Services Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. Registered Office: St. Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and a member of the Investment Management Association.