Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (‘Aviva’), has appointed Michael Grady as Senior Economist and Strategist. He is based in London and reports to Ian Pizer, Head of Strategy.
In this new role, Michael will be responsible for monitoring and analysing macroeconomic, market and policy developments across a range of countries. He will also take a leading role in determining investment strategy for the Aviva Investors Multi-Strategy (AIMS) fund range.
Michael joins Aviva Investors from COMAC Capital, a global macro hedge fund, where he was responsible for the fundamental analysis used to inform the investment process. Prior to this, he spent a decade at the Bank of England in a variety of senior roles, latterly as a Senior Manager in the Markets Directorate.
We are very pleased to welcome Michael to Aviva Investors. A deeply embedded discipline in fundamental research and strategy has proved pivotal so far in driving the strong performance of our AIMS funds and more widely across our fund range. Michael brings considerable experience in market analysis and in the development of investment strategies, qualities that will help us achieve continued success.
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 10 November 2015.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £263 billion as at 30 June 2015.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of Aviva and Friends Life overlapping customers.