(London): Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc (Aviva), today announces its new leadership line-up for Liquid Markets following the decision by David Lis, Chief Investment Officer, Multi-Assets and Equities, to retire from his full-time role in March 2016.
Mark Connolly, previously Chief Investment Officer, Fixed Income, has been promoted to the role of Chief Investment Officer for Liquid Markets, encompassing Multi-Assets, Fixed Income and Equities. Dan James and Chris Murphy have been promoted to the roles of Global Head of Fixed Income and Global Head of Equities, respectively, while Peter Fitzgerald will continue in his role of Global Head of Multi-Assets.
Dan, Chris and Peter will lead each of their respective investment functions with day-to-day responsibility for investment performance, people and processes. They will come together to form a newly-created Investment Leadership team, reporting in to Mark. Additionally, Mark will play a key engagement role in helping the business adapt to the evolving regulatory environment.
Over the next few months, David will work closely with the Investment Leadership team to ensure a smooth transition and, after stepping down from his full-time responsibilities in March, he will continue to work with Aviva Investors in a consultative capacity.
Euan Munro, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“I have every confidence that our new leadership team will help us continue to deliver best-in-class investment outcomes for all our clients. Over the past two years, I have been encouraged by the healthy collaboration between our investment teams, and this has played a critical role in the success of our AIMS suite of multi-strategy funds. Bringing together the three liquid market investment teams under a single leadership structure will further strengthen the level of collaboration across the investment floor."
“I would also like to pay a personal tribute to David Lis. Since I joined Aviva Investors at the start of 2014, David has been a huge support and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with him. He has made a significant contribution during his 18 years with the business and leaves behind a strong legacy.”
Notes to Editors
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The value of an investment and any income from it may go down as well as up and the investor may not get back the original amount invested.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited (“Aviva Investors”) as at 20 January 2016.
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £263 billion as at 30 June 2015.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of Aviva and Friends Life overlapping customers.