Our Annual Review
Our approach to responsible investment is set out in our annual responsible investment review. Building on Aviva Investors' 40 year heritage in responsible investment, the 2016 report illustrates:
How we have continued to enhance the way we integrate environmental considerations across our asset classes.
How we have continued to push the boundaries of responsible asset stewardship, through our voting and engagement activities. How we have leveraged our influence and experience to drive market wide reform, helping to shape more sustainable capital markets.
Highlights in 2016
- Responsible Investor Award for Innovation & Industry Leadership (2017)
- Voted 50,451 Resolutions at 4,259 shareholder meetings
- Voted against 26% of management resolutions
- Engaged on 1,222 occasions with companies as part of our Stewardship responsibilities
- Implemented new ESG integration process for infrastructure assets
- Launched investor guidance on Corporate Culture, Antibiotic Resistance and Sustainable Fisheries
- Aviva CEO addresses UN on financing of Sustainable Development Goals
- Member of the FSB Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures
- Launched policy toolkit to support the development of a sustainable capital markets union
Download our Annual Review
Don't just take our word for it. Check out the highlights of Aviva Investor's responsible initiatives and accomplishments for the past year and our voting records since 2009.