Making a complaint

Our promise to you

We want to give you great customer service but sometimes things do go wrong. We can usually resolve most issues straightaway, so please get in touch with us. Our contact details can be found here.

What you'll need to tell us so that we can help you

• Your personal details

• Customer reference number and investment details

• What's gone wrong

• What you want us to do to put things right

What we'll do to resolve your complaint

• We'll get it to the right person

• We'll be in touch with you as soon as we can and let you know what will happen next

• We'll treat your complaint fairly

• We'll resolve your complaint as soon as possible and we will try to do this within 10 working days

• For more complex issues it's likely that we will need longer to look into what's happened and we may ask you for further information to help us reach a decision

• We'll give you regular updates

And once we've dealt with your complaint, we'll go back and see what we can learn from your experience.
If you're not happy with our response to your complaint

If you feel we've not considered all of your issues or you can provide further information, please let us know and we'll be happy to review it. But if you're unhappy with the outcome you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to carry out an independent review of your complaint. In any event, you have the right to ask them to review your complaint if we've been unable to resolve it within 8 weeks.

If you are unsure whether the Financial Ombudsman Service will consider your complaint, please contact them directly for advice. The service they provide is free and impartial and contacting them at any stage of your complaint will not affect your legal rights.

The contact details are:

Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Their phone numbers are 0300 123 9123 (charged at a national rate) or 0800 023 4567 (free from UK landlines and mobiles). Lines are open from Monday to Friday - 8am to 8pm, Saturday - 9am to 1pm.

Alternatively, you can file a complaint on their website

or browse their site for advice and information